Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Last Post of August...

Well I might as well wrap some things up. It's definetly been a while since I posted, and there is a lot to cover (if I am able to remember it all). I'll just start writing things that pop into my head...

SoF2 / [iLe] Clan: The game is definetly pretty much dead. It all pretty much started with DrnkPimp's rage of using Alias finder to cross reference IPs and GUIDs, leading to the disintegration of the [uS] clan (much to everyone's happiness) but left many clans short of players, etc. The ladder will be gone soon, but oh well. Our record will hold at 8/4 (the most matches played by any team) at 3rd place. We did pretty damn well. Go team. Everyone's still pretty much around, just not nearly as much as before because school is starting for most of these guys that are seniors in high school, etc. We still hang out, but we'll see what happens. We're looking for a new game to play... but we will stay friends forever and Blade and Fluke better come visit next summer!

Keyboard: I fucking hate my keyboard. SoF2 has finally taken it's toll on it. The "A" and the "Space" key has collapsed, basically sticking in a way to the keyboard so that it feels like I'm just pushing against a stiff piece of plastic and it would almost immediately (more annoying than helpful) register the keystroke. I need to get a new one, along with maybe a webcam. Why do I need a webcam? I don't, but it's more of like a want that I've always considered because it would be cool for others to see me I suppose.

Visit: Mom and Leo visited this past weekend. We didn't do a whole much, more of just catching up. They arrived on Thursday night and hung out with me at work. Mom made lots of delicious foods while here, as well as filled up a large part of my fridge/freezer with pre-cooked foods and supplies. Friday we went out shopping... first we made a trip to the Atascadero Outlets, which turned out to be a complete waste of time and gas. We came back to SLO and went to Mervyn's where I got some new shirts and Mom and Leo both picked out some stuff too. Then we came home and watched 3/4 of Gone in Sixty Seconds. Saturday I was at work until the late afternoon, Mom and Leo came once again. We ate dinner while watching Collateral (second time for me), then we watched Pirates of the Carribean too after having a talk with Leo about college stuff and his senior year. They took off Sunday morning around 11. Mom got a speeding ticket on the way home as I found out yesterday.

School: Is over. I honestly stopped enjoying psychology class after about the 3rd week. It was interesting in the beginning but then it was just a stupid class to attend every morning from 9-10, Monday through Thursday. Boy I sure took my time on that final. I was the last person out of the classroom, that's after the previous person left the room about 10-15 minutes before me. We'll see how it turns out, but I have a bad feeling that I bombed the final, thus taking my 82% grade down the shitter and probably ending up with a C (if not worse) in the class. Damn, I screwed that up... note to self, never take classes in the summer again (unless it's the first 5 weeks).

Work: Has been the same. Working a little bit than before, averaging about 50 hours per paycheck. It still needs to be more, but I'm taking it easy at home and making up the difference in the secondary way anyways. Jeff is back, and we're just getting ready for WOW week and for school to start. I don't have to work because the place is closed from Saturday through next Tuesday.... which allows me to....

Visit CSUMB: and see Aaron and Bryan. We didn't get to celebrate Emerson's birthday at Great America so I said I would probably visit him before the summer ended, and this Labor Day weekend should be a good chance to do so. The plan is to either leave Friday or Saturday and stay at least a couple nights, one at Aaron's and one at Bryan's. I am probably going to bring Apollo along too because Aaron also has a doxen pup, Alba, and they have a backyard too. Besides, what would I do, leave Apollo here by himself for 2-3 days? More to come on this.

New Glasses: The frames that I ordered off Ebay have already come and I've already gone down to Urban Optics near Firestones to get my eyes checked out. My prescription got a bit worse, but not too much. Man, it is expensive, even when I have already purchased what would have cost over $200 for a pair of glasses frames. The lenses themself are way expensive, I think they jacked me on those... "oh the doctor says these are the ones you should get because they are thinner and will fit the frames." Psh, my ass. Plus it was $80 for the examination, so my total was $256 for the check-up, plus lens and having them put in the frame which I brough in. Geezes. But I'm highly anticipating my new "face" so I'll take some pictures for sure.

Car: Fucking pain in the ass, the battery issue is still pissing me off... I still don't know what to do about that, maybe get Erik to look at it first and give me advice on what I should be doing about it. I want to get my oil changed too, probably after I get back from the Monteray trip and before school starts. Plus I need to get tree sap remover stuff to get rid of the crap from that damn tree in the front yard, when I had parked underneath the tree, not knowing the mess it was going to make when I first moved in, back in June. Last but not least I have to wash the damn sucker, and maybe get some leather shining stuff to clean up the interior. Oh yeah the back windshield wiper seems to be come off at one edge for some reasons too. God it's full of problems, not to mention the broken retractable radio antenna. At least it's better than nothing.

Apollo: Same ol' same ol'. Walking him day and night, the backyard is really starting to piss me off in the sense that I can't let him out into the backyard to go to the bathroom by himself without worrying about him running away. Hopefully we'll get that taken care of soon, with the inclusion of that letter I wrote when I sent out the last rent check. I don't think I've been feeding him enough, but he can't get too fat. Annoying as hell of course, especially in the mornings... he won't ever let me sleep in. Always has to wake me up to let him out to go potty.

I think that's it... all I can think of/remember as of right now. School's around the corner, and that's going to suck. Well, more to come later.

No comments: