Thursday, August 04, 2005

BlehBlehBleh!!!

... was the sound that my 9mm Walther pistol made as I fired round after round after round. Dan and Jesus and I went to the indoor shooting range today. It was my very first time firing a weapon, and I've got to say it's everything I wanted it to be, except it was much more difficult than it may seem. It also reminded me I really need to get new prescriptions and a pair of new glasses. That needs to be at the top of the "need to buy" list. Anyways, the things I learned today entailed:
  • loading the clip
  • the gun itself: safety (if there is one), the clip release, cocking the chamber (locking it and releasing it, and also that it loads a round into the chamber), the hammer (if there is one), the sights
  • the shooting stance
  • how to grip the gun properly
  • breathing (didn't see this play into effect too much, just don't fire while taking a breath because you move around so much)
  • pulling the trigger (this was the BIGGEST and HARDEST factor that contributed to my accuracy... err... inaccuracy, of which I learned with the last 5 rounds and finally learned how to AIM.)
It was so much fun, only thing that sucked was that I learned the basics today and didn't get to work on my accuracy. I guess one step at a time right? I also got to fire another 90mm that Dan used as well as Jesus' .45 which had a much bigger kick. Also... it was expensive! The ammo was what cost the most, and the range fee was close to ten bucks (but I had the coupon so that was free), then there was the price of the pistols and targets and earmuff rentals. It cost about $30 for 1 1/2 hours of shooting. I'm going to go again, and next time bring my camera with FRESH batteries (not DEAD ones, as were the ones I loaded into the camera right before I left).

Before I write my next post I just had a thought... do people actually read my blogs? I think some people do, I've had a couple of instances where someone I would be talking to would bring up something, and I'd ask, "how did you know that?" or "where did you hear that from?" and they would say, much to my surprise, I read it on your blog dude. Hmm... this blog used to be quite personal with things I wouldn't want others to read and only for my own purposes of diary-keeping so that I capture the mood at the time and don't lose priceless memories/stories. So these days, I have to make things vague to the point where these stories still trigger those memories, but with a sense of generalization where if the people who they are referring to reads it they won't recognize (at least not directly) that it is them I'm writing about... while at the same time those closest to me (that I share these stories with because I trust them) as well as myself will recognize the exact details simply from our memories being jogged by the vague paragraphs. The reasoning behind it is because there is an active link in my AIM profile that links here (and I'm online about 15-17 hours a day, with or without an away message....) as well as a direct link from my facebook page. This is going to be hard to have to "generalize" and be vague about it, but I'm going to try...

So I had been waiting for a couple days... it had only been since I think Monday or Sunday night, so it was still early. I had kinda already gave up, but I woke up late this morning and jumped in the shower. I hopped out, logged onto my computer, and MSN Messenger comes up, and "ding" I have 1 new message. I quickly looked as I tried to jump into my shorts... it was from _________ ! I thought I was dreaming, and hoped for the best as I calmed my ass down, sat down and put on some music (same song I'm listening to right now) and opened the e-mail in high anticipation. I read each word carefully, make sure I got the meaning that was written just right and my eyes didn't play any tricks on me to misinterpret anything. It was definetly filled with content that I had wanted to hear, and the thing that stood out the most is how enthusiastic it was, kind of "hey! thanks for writing and saying hi, how are you doing?" type of thing. It was definetly not TOO short, nor was it lengthy. I think I've analyzed the shit out of it and to death by now, but I can only wait to talk to Kara to get some expertise on this, haha. I don't even know what my next move is going to be.... or when... or how. It was definetly the highlight of my day though.

BLEHBLEHBLEH.

No comments: