Monday, September 06, 2004

Well I ruined concerts for myself for the rest of my life.

Was what I said to Tony as we drove home. My ears are still ringing from the concert. My voice is almost back to normal, but my ears are still ringing, my feet sore, and my head still a little woozy.

We left at about 11:45 or so, and went and got food at Claim Jumpers... haha all we got were appetizers, but they were huge. We then went to the concert and parked in E13. I could've probably snuck a camera in there easily had I tried, but I didn't want to risk losing the camera and having to worry about it, so I made my mind not to bring it before we even left.

We got there at about 2:15 to 2:30 or so, and first walked around and found out where the entrances were. We then went and stood in line and bought our shirts ($28) and then went and got in line before getting in not soon after. Theatre was pretty big, but that was no problem seeing as how we were in Section 102, row U, seats 25 and 26. FUCK Y'ALL ON THE 200 SECTION AND ON THE LAWN!!!!! Our row happened to be the very last one in our section, right underneath the reserve boxes. It turned out really good, seeing as how we had to wait for so long after we sat down, it was hot, and the boxes behind us provided us SHADE! So many empty seats tonight until Snoop, Korn, and Linkin Park came on, even the boxes.

At about 4:15 to 4:30 Less Than Jake first came on... they were alright. Didn't know any of their songs but they DID shoot out t-shirts through a bazooka launcher type deal. Aside from that they were okay. Then after them it was a small intermission before The Used came on. They were a bit better and easier to rock to, but still I didn't know any of their songs so I couldn't sing or nothing. After that we went and got drinks, which took forever. By the time we got back Snoop had already started in his first song, but we got back to our seats and rocked out with him. Hahaha, he had a whole line of skanky bitches who were probably all under 25 years old. Snoop was dope, and here's a couple lines:

...smoke weed, get drunk, and fuck!

...nana na naaaa, nana na naaa, hey ayyyyy, Snoop Dogg!

Then there was a small intermission, and Korn came on. So cool, with the drummer going on first with a red glow under his drums, and then we rocked. I only remembered some songs from the first CD, maybe one song from the second, and didn't know a lot of the other stuff but it was still awesome stuff to rock to. After Korn was done we watched some breakdancers on the overhead projector for a bit.

Finally Linkin Park came on. Geezes, I fucking rocked and sang my lungs out. My throat is only still just recovering. They fucking rocked my glasses and hat off... literally. Well, I took the hat off because it was loose and making me hot, and the glasses I took off everytime I had to headbang and jump up like crazy. They were fucking so cool, haha one of the guys (the only one that I don't know) tripped on his way to hopping up the slanted slope, and Pheonix was there to kinda catch him (oh and by the way he had a fro going on). It was hardcore screaming and headbanging and everything Linkin Park was about for about 40 minutes straight and then they pretended they were done... even broke the guitar and stuff. People left... STUPIDASSES. Oh, I gotta beat traffic! DUMBASS. They weren't done! A few more songs, and ending with their headlined song from their first CD. By then the row in front of us had just about cleared out, and as Linkin Park retook the stage I got down to the row and used the space to throw my body and arms around as I rocked with Linkin park

...for the last performance of Project Revolution, for the last act of Project Revolution, for the last concert of Linkin Park until they come out with a new record, and for the first time I've seen Linkin Park in concert.

It just doesn't get any better than that. Great seats, great friend, great bands, awesome concert. What a day.

No comments: