Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What a Vacation!!!

It wasn't exactly a vacation by definition, but it was the most fun I've had this entire summer yet. This is going to be a long post, but it was such a good time and full of good memories.

Saturday

... morning I packed up and hit the road at 10 in the morning. Once I got directions from Aaon, I discovered a much quicker way to get to CSUMB from Salinas when traveling Northbound. Apollo and I arrived around 12:30, and Aaron, Lisa, and I drove to the pier and had lunch at this restaurant at the end of the pier. It was an okay lunch, but the fried calimari was really good. We ran around the bay for a bit before calling Bryan and having him meet us back at Aaron/Lisa's place. Aaron and Lisa has a little female mini-doxen puppy too, her name's Alba. She is quite the tiny thing, making Apollo look like such a big boy around her. We hung out and played a bunch of drinking games, took a break and rested, before we headed out downtown to the bars to beat the crowd in time to get back home to finish up the night. We went to a bar, which was really cool because there was a huge semi-outdoor area in the back with a large fire-pit, where we hung out and got drinks. I had myself a
Tokyo Tea , a pint glas of MGD (which was on tap), followed by a nice shot of Jack Daniels complimentary of Bryan. We simply can't forget the horrific image burned into our head of that old woman getting down with her bad self on the dance floor... all alone. Uh. We then proceeded to visit Albertsons where I bought my hosts a bottle of Skyy Vodka and a couple of 2-liters of Coke. As we visited Albertsons, Lisa placed a call for 4 pizzas (our dinner) from Dominos which was going to meet us back at their house. We arrived home, promptly in time for our pizza and a bunch of Aaron/Lisa's friends to show up where they proceeded to drink, smoke, eat (they ate the rest of my 1/2 of pizza), and finally left. My pizza was eaten due to the fact that I was pretty tired and just decided to pass out on the "Squish". To top off the night, Bryan drove himself home after puking next to the front door.

Sunday

We all struggled out of bed finally around noon, and went out to Chili's for lunch. It was a mediocre meal, and afterwards I went and checked out Bryan's place, the suites on campus. It was pretty crowded and not too much room, but not a bad place nonetheless for what he pays. We all went back to Aaron/Lisa's where we watched Kung Fu Hustle, which turned out to be one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'm going to buy it eventually... it was that good. Bryan, Aaron, and I then proceeded to visit the commensary on campus (due to the fact that CSUMB used to be a military base and still houses a lot of military personelle) where we bought stuff to barbeque with. Bryan went home, Lisa worked on a group project, and Aaron and I made dinner. After the girls left, Aaron and Lisa taught me how to play a new game called Demons, and we turned in for the night.

Monday

Aaron had work this morning, so Lisa and I stayed home and watched Jerry Springer and Maury on TV until the afternoon (which wasn't that far considering how I finally slept in for once... voluntarily, unlike the drunken sleep due to alcohol). Bryan came over and Aaron brought home some Starbucks for us. We then proceeded to go out and play a game called Disc Golf.



They actually had a course built on CSUMB, all 18 holes, with these weird looking metal nets that were the "holes" if using an analogy similar to golf. We played the front 9, and it was pretty damn fun... Bryan had his own set of "Driver" and "Putter", and Aaron and I used a borrowed set (Aaron took the driver, I took the putter).

So before we even got started, we lost one of Bryan's "putters" onto the fucking roof of one of the buildings. It took us about 1/2 an hour, but we finally managed to create a crazy rod composed to 2 really long pieces of tree branches and a piece of PVC pipe, while standing on a tree stump, finally retrieved it.


We then made a trip to the Liquor store, where we bought some alcohol and some scratchers, then to Albertsons where we picked up stuff to barbeque for dinner, and MORE alcohol. We finally make it home in time to barbeque and listen to Lisa's study-group work on their presentation, but we entertained ourselves by playing Rummy and drinking Jager shots. Bryan eventually left, and everyone went to bed.


Tuesday

Everyone had school today, but Aaron and Lisa both decided to skip a couple. Aaron woke up early to do homework, and I just slept in and hung out/watched TV until the afternoon where I took another nap and played with the dogs. After Aaron and Bryan got done with class, we went off to play even more Disc Golf, bringing along some beers this time.

We drank some as we went along, and we even hung out in the "Beer Hall" for a while. Aaron kicked our butts, with Bryan being +5 and me being +10 if I recalled correctly. I used the putter for about all 18 holes, because I had no distance anyways and always hooked it.

When we first started playing Aaron got his disc stuck in the tree, of which we managed to get down by chucking rocks at it. However, Bryan lost the same putter he got stuck the day before, on the 18th hole to a tree... and it stayed there. For dinner, us 3 guys went out to a sushi place which turned out incredibly good, and finally came home to play some more Rummy as we awaited the arrival of Lisa home from school, before I finally said and made my goodbyes with Apollo after this fun filled weekend.

Things to Note:


  • Why must things always come back to my mom?
  • Once a fairy, ALWAYS a fairy.
  • Bryan, you want to pick up your pieces of pepperoni with a microwave-able plate so you can eat them again?
  • Aaron, don't stick the chopsticks straight up in your noodles like that.
  • Fucking 3's.
  • Get rid of Pocket Rockets.
  • Don't step in Alba's deuce.
  • Aaron, stop watering your lawn.
  • Haley, I just want to arrrghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
  • Apollo, with his natural born skills to sniff out and find weed.

Thank you guys, for being such gracious hosts to myself and Apollo and for such a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Glen!
You MUST know that EVERYTHING eventually gets back to your "mom". I, however, will never "narc" you out! For more anonymous posts, see how I bother AJ! XOXOXO