Sunday, September 18, 2005

Freedom... GONE

Yup, it's the last day of summer. Starting tomorrow, I'll be burdened by the obligations of education. With things in the back of my head like the upcoming lab, the unfinished homework assignment, the midterms next Wednesday that I still have to study for, and the 5 chapters I have to catch up in reading. All of those things completely suck, and it will be one of the absolute hardest quarters I have yet to endure here at Cal Poly. 2 EE classes, 1 CPE class.... all 3 of them with labs. Yup, 3 labs, imma kill myself. Plus I enrolled in Asian Philosophy, which I hope will be fun and it's a good teacher, so let's just not waste my #1 registeration that I had this quarter. More updates to come later this week regarding how these classes will turn out.

So the summer's over, and I basically didn't do anything. The first 5 weeks involved SOME studying and reading for Anthropology, and when that was over, I lost the very little self-discipline that I had to begin with to study this summer, and Psychology class become a daydream class as I watched the minute hand on the clock tick every day and it finally ended. I got okay grades in both (B+ for Anthropology and B for Psychology).

Then there was work... definetly much easier than working at Leslie's, less standing, less angry customers, less of everything except relaxing. Less hours too, with most shifts being less than 6 hours each day, and I worked 5 days a week (if that at all). Didn't save much money at all this summer, basically because 1.) I'm not living at home, and 2.) the pay wasn't as good and I didn't work much hours at all. Oh well, at least it was relaxing.

Last but not least my 3rd most frequently performed activity this summer was play games. SoF2 went great, until 1/2 way through August anyways. Then the game died, and blah blah blah... long story. I'm now playing a game called Gunz: The Dual, and there's always the good ol' DoTA that I've been trying to get better at.

Overall, it was a very relaxing summer, filled with days of absolutely nothing and not even seeing the light of day (or stepping out of the house) until the duty of walking Apollo forced me off my ass and out the door. I've eaten like a pig, probably gained a good 5-10 pounds (we'll find out soon, when I visit the gym), and extremely unhealthy. I need to shape up, if not eating better/less, then I will tradeoff by going to the gym and working it off. Racketball, lifting, and running will hopefully be the plan, inbetween my heavy school load.

(Sigh).... I love it when I make these promises that I already know I won't/can't keep.

No comments: