Sunday, September 25, 2005

10 more weeks...

... until this quarter is over. Yeah, yeah, I'm counting down already. The first one was easy... actually I take that back, NO, it wasn't. Here it is anyways:

Classes:

EE 308 seems to be okay. Dr. Corcoran is a very nice guy, and the way he lectures is easy to follow and we haven't done anything too complex yet. The first special problem was EASY, and they're graded by ourselves... I should be getting 100% on all of them, especially once I get some old ones to look at. We've already had a quiz, of which I'm pretty sure I screwed up more than I should have. Anyways, the class should be okay, especially with no homework, or midterms. Just special problems, and quizzes (which is good because it makes me stay on top of things).

Lab for this class: Brian is my partner, and this lab hopefully we'll be able to cruise through. With the help of Mike's old prelabs/labs, it's just a matter of getting the circuits to work (which hopefully we'll be able to figure out) and making it through Corcoran's demos and quizzes that I think he's going to give.

CPE 229 with Bryan is going to be a tough one where I will need to put in extra effort. Although so far, everything seems to be review, of which I actually sorta remember. We haven't done too much yet with the VHDL or anything new in lecture yet. We shall see...

Lab for this class: I have a sophomore EE as my lab partner, and he seems to be a good choice. He managed to remember many things about the lab and how to run everything, so I lucked out. Hopefully what I'll be able to contribute, are the lab codes. Yup, the majority/grunt work will be from me. How? Because I have Huy's old 229 stuff... of which might be old. So let's pray that the labs that he had matches up with the ones that we'll be doing... (crosses fingers). I'll find out soon if they match.

EE 328 seems to be okay as well, as long as I manage to stay on top of it. Professor DePiro is a really funny guy... hmm, I wonder what homework I'm supposed to have done. They're supposed to be collected weekly, and I need to find an old source of homework for that as well from someone. The class as a whole doesn't seem incredibly hard (so far) and we'll have to give it some more time. The only thing that sucks about it is that it's at 4-5 in the afternoon, and it sucks the most on Fridays.

Lab for this class: My partner is Saied, and Nahvi is the teacher. This lab hopefully won't be bad, with the prelabs that I'm hoping to get from Mike, as well as turning in the lab write-ups in class so I won't have to worry about it after the 3 hours that we spend in there.

Philosphy 320 (Asian Philosophy) will be pretty cool I think. Dr. Lynch is hilarious, and provides these outlines that we can follow. The reading is... well, it's the reading. Seems like there is a lot, and there are questions we're supposed to answer at the end of each week's assigned readings. Hopefully they're pretty straight forward... I'm behind already, as I only bought the expensive ($70 and $50) books just last Thursday.

On top of all of this, the main reasons why I'm so far damn behind in some of these classes is because of fucking Engineering Ambassadorship. I mean, I want to do it and the Retreat that we went to Friday night and Saturday morning/afternoon was fun... but it just took up way too much time. As of right now, I have the 368 prelab to do, the software to install and get working for 269, whatever homework/reading I should be doing for 328, all of my catching up to do for 229 and practicing those problems, and all of the readings for the philosophy class. I should've accomplished a lot of that on Saturday and today, but obviously nothing got done on Saturday, and I did some stuff today (including finding those sources of old things) but I did a lot of chores around the house today. I guess it's time to buckle down, and get things done eh?

No comments: