Sunday, April 24, 2005

Burn #10

... after Bibby went 1-16 during yesterday's playoff game #1 against the Sonics. I think I've gotten to the point where I expect it, and so it doesn't hurt as much anymore. Here are just some quotes, "Arco Arena must've been built on an Indian burial ground...", "Come playoff time, the Kings are just cursed and their players will get hurt." Except this time it wasn't getting hurt, it was just plain fucked up playing by Bibby the whole night. I mean, if you're going to lose... just lose. DON'T come back after being down 19 freaking points to within 1 point, and then throw up an airball like that!!! Cuttino did his job, we can't have him make ALL of them, but Bibby... man you are the clutch guy... why did you shoot like that???

Well, this weeekend was kind of wasted like all the others, but I suppose I had reasons for wasting some of the time. Friday night all of us 6 roommates went out to dinner at Applebee's for James' birthday. I had the best steak I think I've ever had in my life, that Burbon steak with Cajun rice and onions/mushrooms was the bomb. I sware I'm getting that again next time. Then afterwards we came home and started the madness... shots, beers, and tons of ping pong. After the festivities, we called a cab and after we got in, just as we were about to pull away (oh and by the way, it was the same cab driver that drove me last Saturday to Brian's! and he also remembered me too, after the embarassing act of him messing up) Yvonne pulled up behind us and 2 of them got out and she drove them downtown and we all met up. We hit up the Library first, then went to Slo Brew and shot some pool, then to Frog and Peach. After that we attempted to get to Bull's, only to give up and have James go in with Brandon who we met up with to get a Bull's Sweat, and then we headed back to Frog and Peach. We met up with Dan and Kristin and Carrie, and we all hung out at Frog and Peach for a while. After that, James was ready to call it quits... after throwing up on the sidewalk next to the green bench. They went home, and I went back with Dan, Kristin, and Carrie. We walked what seemed like 20-30 minutes to Carrie's place, but not before stopping at 7-11 and picking up chips and such. We sobered up on the way and then after watching some TV and eating snacks Dan drove me home.

Worked yesterday, watched basketball (which I have a feeling is going to absorb my life for the weeks to come, I'm going to have to find some sort of restraint for myself... hmm... maybe I'll just NOT watch the Eastern conference ones and save some time that way). Then at night instead of going to Yvonn's (which I heard was a bust anyways) I stayed home, watched TV, cleaned the house, and went to bed. Woke up today, played SoF2 (ahhh, that's where the day went, I was wondering how I wasted it all) and did some homework. Had to go to work for a stupid meeting, which wasted another hour of my afternoon. Walked the dog, made dinner, ate it and watche basketball, and then keeled over from the food coma until about 9 o'clock. Did homework, and now I'm here. Man I'm so screwed for 314... why the fuck did the test have to be so soon on Wednesday? I'm going to have to study my ass off on Tuesday to make up for my lacking in that class. I just have to... I'm not a bad student, just need to have my self discipline kick in. I also don't want to be away from Apollo, which is why I stay home to "study" which turns into everything BUT studying. If I go to the library I guess it would be better. I'm going to have to force myself to do that.

Until next time... go Kings.

No comments: