Sunday, October 10, 2004

(Friday's Post)

I did my first boy-scout-like good deed today.

There was a lady getting off the bus at the transit station where I was waiting for my bus to take me home, and an old lady was getting off the bus. I'm actually ashamed of myself. She was about to get off the bus when I first felt the urge to help, and she was the last one off - meaning that there was a bunch of other people there waiting to get on. Nevertheless, I held back - hoping someone else would have stepped up, but no one did. She was going to take a step out, but turned back and asked the bus driver lady to lower the hydrolics of the bus. She got off the bus, but then had to get onto the sidewalk, and I finally acted. I went over there and offered my arm and asked "Do you need some help ma'am?" and she took it. It felt pretty good, I just wished that I had done it earlier.

First night out at the bars tonight. The other guys (Mike, James, Darien) went to Chumash to lose some money. Chris and I went out to the bars (Andrew dropped us off) after we drank at home for a bit. First bar was Frog & Peach where there was $1 Heinekins and I had a couple. I saw Zelda there and Chris and I hung out with a group of people that were at my birthday party last week. I left Chris to go to Mother's, where there was a $2 cover charge to find Jaime and her roommates. I found them and bought myself a drink there, and hung out for a while. After that the girls had to go to McCarthy's to look for someone, and we waited outside for a while until we finally got in - only to leave like 2 minutes later after finding out the person they were looking for wasn't there. We walked back to Mother's, and I ran into Chris who was sitting outside. We went inside and danced for a while before finally calling Andrew and getting picked up to go home.

No comments: