Thursday, June 24, 2004

I'm tired, and I just lost about $2000 in poker chips. My stack is down to about 9 G's right now, as opposed to my 11 that existed at about 11:30 PM. Fuck them.

No work today, I watched stupid Saved By the Bell (Hawaii Special!) and it was retarded and 500% predictable. It was almost funny in the sense that we were making predictions as to what is going to happen to who and it would almost all turn out to be true. Stupid 90's television.

I did manage to finish setting up the internet for the brothers, but only after $59.99 + TAX for a new router from Comp USA. Fuck that guy who sold me the router for 5 bucks, that shit didn't give me anything but trouble and a headache for 2+ days and a lot of wasted time/effort... fucking asshole.

After that it was on-to Mom's stupid project... first step was to figure out what the hell she wanted to save on her hard drive. Then it was the biggest problem of the day, trying to get that shit off of the computer. At first we tried to use my external hard drive, of which didn't work (although it had in the past) and then my USB key drive didn't work because of fucking Windows 98, and finally tried to install the network card and use a crossover cable, but we didn't have the drivers to the damn card and I couldn't load it from ANY of the Windows CDs that we had. At about 9:30 I finally decided to take Mom's hard drive out and plug it into my computer to pull shit off of it, which worked. Then it was onto starting to install the OS, but we soon found out that both Chinese versions of Windows 2000 and Windows XP needed a fucking CD serial, thus we got stuck and tried looking up serials off the internet and from friends, but none of that shit worked. Finally we got a serial from Jeff, but I had already given up and shut down the comp by then. I'll work on it some more tomorrow, I at least now have the brothers off my back about the internet, just have Mom to worry about. I probably won't finish with her shit until Friday when I have another day off because I still gotta install all the drivers and programs and setup the internet for her too... speaking of which I need to find all the drivers CDs in the garage somewhere, PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS.

Almost looking forward to work tomorrow to get away from this shit. I wonder what those charges on my credit card are... looks like someone spent about $60 or something with my card, I'll find out tomorrow. Travis redid their webpage and it looks all funky, and speaking of which I went to the bank today and got another ATM card finally... after them not sending me another one after the wallet-stolen-incident. I also put in an app for increase of credit limit, it probably got rejected. I'll have to call tomorrow to check.

No comments: