Tuesday, May 23, 2006

May Update:

So I suppose I should get this month's done before we get a repeat of what happened last month. This previous weekend was an eventful one... starting with Friday. Friday afternoon I stayed on campus a bit longer to bowl with Julian, Lisa, and Ryan. Then later that night I went to help out at the Engineer's Awards Banquet... it was pretty cool, getting dressed up and seeing how nicely decorated everything was within Embassy Suites. Then after I got done at that event around 9:00, I went home and Dan met up with me to go pick up some alcohol before proceeding to Andrew's where we drank and played Behrut. Dan and I were on a team and we went 1 - 1, beating Andrew/Joe but losing to Andrew/James. Then after those games around midnight we headed over to Cash's house which was on the same street, about 4-5 blocks down. There I saw Elyse and Patrick, of which we then proceeded to take a couple of "All Ambassadors" shots. We drank some more and hung out for a while... maybe an hour, I'm not sure. I was pretty wasted by then. The last shot I took before we left sat really badly, but I managed to hold back the vomit for the rest of the night. I promptly passed out on their couch, woke up the next morning around 11 and came home.

Saturday night I had to work... pretty boring and nothing interesting happened. Sunday we were supposed to go shooting at the rifles range but the rain itself woke me up in the morning, and so that was cancelled. However, not wanting to waste a weekend in which Erik came to visit, we went and saw Mission Impossible 3. And by "went" I mean we drove all the way to Santa Maria (30 minutes each way) to go to a better theater. The movie was actually very good, much better than the first 2 in my opinion. There was plenty of action, the storyline wasn't as hard to follow (complete opposite from the 1st movie), and the overall ending to the movie was satisfactory.

So what else is coming up in the next few weeks? Well, we're sitting on Week #9 right now. Here is a list of things that I have yet to do, in some sort of order from things that will occur tomorrow and onward:

  • Last EE Fee Committee Meeting of the year
  • EE 406 Midterm #2
  • 4 day work marathon
  • a ton of lab reports to grade
  • Final/Formal Lab report write-up for EE 455
  • EE 425 Midterm #2
  • Last Engineering Ambassadors Meeting of the year
  • work with groups on SMT machine
  • Engineering Ambassadors Social
  • Melissa's going away party
  • Jennie's graduation party
  • EE 425 take home Final
  • EE 406 Final
  • MU 221 Final
  • Leo's Graduation

It seems like a lot of things to take care of, but that's the way life is and it'll make it go by faster. I'll be crossing those things off one by one as they come along each day until it is summer....

.... until it is summer and until then, I'll be (day)dreaming about how promising today was. It's a bit of a fixation - but that's just my personality. Besides, it's never turned out the (10 millions times I've imagined it in my head) way I imagine it would happen in real life..................

...................... at least not yet. I look to change that this time.

No comments: