Sunday, January 29, 2006

Kickball

4 hours worth, and boy was it fun. Rec Sports' Intramurals had a kickball tournament this Sunday, and I played on Greg's team. 9 of us all together, it started this morning at 10 or so. There were a total of 5 teams there, and we got to play each team (so we played 4 games). It was some fun stuff and we kicked butt 1/2 the time. The first game was a nail-biter, as it went into the bottom of the 5th 0-1 and we were scoreless. I should also mention, that I kicked the ball so hard in the 3rd inning, that the ball became flat (yeah I was the one responsible for the delay, what can I say, I kicked the shit out of it).... we made do with the flat ball, pumping it after each play for 1 inning, then we switched to the soccerball for the last inning. I was batting 3rd, and Nick got on base, and Louie kicked it in to score him. 1-1, and it was me up to kick. I smacked that ball directly at the first baseman (base-woman) and ran like hell becauses I knew she couldn't do shit. She bobbled the ball, and I made it across the bag safe... it didn't matter, because Louie made it home and scored the winning run.

Game 2 didn't turn out so well. We were down going into the top of the 5th, as the away team. We had to make up about 6 runs, and didn't come close... we lost that one with me getting pegged in the foot as the last out, after I tried to change directions during a fly ball that I thought they might drop, but they caught it, and hit me with it before I made it back to first base, game over.

Game 3 was a complete joke... we got into a rthym and it didn't end. We developed a new kicking order, and they just demolished them. Final score of that one was like 21-7 or something rediculous, we stopped trying after the 2nd inning, scoring like 11 that half of the inning. They were such a shitty team, and we had like 5 in-the-park home runs.

Game 4 was against what we called the "deuchers".... the guys on steroids. These guys were fucking big, and can drive the ball over our heads. However, they were beat by the same team that beat us in Game 2, because they just kept kicking it into the outfield where it was caught. We lead in the first inning, but then totally fell apart in the 2nd. They scored like 12 runs on us, we just couldn't get the outs. They kept putting the ball on the ground, or in holes where we didn't have people. We mounted a comeback in the 4th, to make the score like 17-6 or something, and we ended them in the 4th and 5th pretty quick. I made some good catches in the outfield, after they FINALLY starting kicking the ball in the air to hit homeruns, but I was there for like 5 catches. We popped a couple home runs to lead off in the 5th, our last efforts. It was to no avail, as we lost to a final score of 20-9 or something.

We ended the tournament 2-2, taking 3rd place. This was tons of fun, and I'll do it again in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot, I thought you were going to write about me in your blog...