Thursday, March 01, 2007


The Trip (Short Version)





  • Decided not to stop at Starbucks on the way to the airport, thus allowing me the perfect timing to make my plane.
  • Learned how bags get checked to your final destination if you travel via connecting flights.
  • Arrived at North Carolina and made it to the hotel with enough time to check-in, change, and go straight to the reception social event.
  • Met lots of potential candidates at the reception and realized that there was less than a handful of people from California, many were local people from that surrounding area, and that many people have graduated with their masters.
  • Studied the white papers, got my clothes ready, and went to bed.
  • Overslept my alarms and woke up late. Got ready, packed, and checked out of the hotel all in 15 minutes.
  • Didn’t miss anything but breakfast, attended the presentations.
  • Had an interview with Tom (Regional Systems Engineer Manager). On a scale of 1-10: 9.5
  • Had lunch, and prepared for the sales simulation and studied the white papers.
  • Sales simulation with Patrick (SE Manager). On a scale of 1-10: 7.75
  • Hung out with potential candidates and got ready for the group events.
  • Group event with a panel of 5 judges. On a scale of 1-10: 6.5
  • Took the shuttle from the hotel to the airport, changed out of my clothes, figured out my plane was delayed till tomorrow.
  • Called the travel agency, had my flight re-routed. Ran across the airport to find the right terminal, got the shaft going through security, ran ½ a mile to get to my gate in time to board the plane as the 2nd to last person.
  • Connecting flight from Memphis to LAX I had a 2+ hours conversation with a lady sitting next to me named Darian.
  • Withstood the loud engine of the flight from LAX to SLO sitting in the front row.
  • Returned home – I made it, my bag made it, my car made it, Apollo made it.

The "Full Version" is available for your reading pleasure in the post below, accompanied with pictures.

No comments: